Grain Farmers of Ontario represents Ontario’s 28,000 growers of corn, soybean and wheat. Farming over 5 million acres across the province, grain farmers and are a driving force in the Canadian economy. Grain Farmers of Ontario seeks to educate the general public about the importance of grain farming in Ontario, debunk myths, change perceptions and advocate with government.
Grain Farmers of Ontario’s resident chef is connecting urbanites with farmers, keeping the farm to fork process top of mind.
- Position grain farming as a compelling and vital agriculture sector to the general public
- Reach the average consumer in an approachable and relatable way
- Engage Canadian consumers to shop local and get to know the people behind their food
What we did
- Worked with Grain Farmers of Ontario to create a strategic communications plan which reached their organizational objectives while communicating brand objectives to consumers
- Developed the Chef Partnership initiative, an eight month long partnership with a well-known and respected Toronto based chef; Canada’s Next Top Chef Chef 2013 finalist and the Royal Canadian Yacht Club’s Executive Chef, Jonathan Goodyear
- Collaborated with Chef Goodyear to create 12 grain based recipes, supporting Ontario’s corn, soybean and wheat farmers
- Engaged tier-A GTA broadcast to host Chef Jonathan Goodyear for segments where he would describe and demonstrate easy and innovative ways to use grains in the kitchen
- Collaborated with the 2013 Royal Agricultural Winter Fair’s Road to the Royal Chef Challenge and positioned Chef Jonathan Goodyear as the expert food judge in the final completion with hosts Ben Mulroney and Bob Blumer
- Hosted a consumer focused cooking event inside the Grain Farmers of Ontario interactive trailer at the 2013 Royal Agricultural Winter Fair, with Chef Jonathan’s demonstrating his original recipes onsite where fans could watch the expert chef up close and ask questions
- Secured tier-A broadcast coverage with four GTA outlets and ongoing bookings continue
- To-date 4,188,000 impressions have been secured through online and broadcast, with more than half of the campaign still going strong.